"There is an optimal way to enjoy Stella Artois—at just the right temperature and poured correctly into the perfect glass: the Stella Artois chalice."
The chalice has been designed specifically to highlight Stella Artois’ many positive characteristics and created in such a way that that it releases the natural carbonation, thus enhancing the aroma and flavors—it’s the perfect glass for enjoying Stella Artois.
Pouring Stella Artois correctly is the key to maximum enjoyment, so follow these steps for the perfect pour.
1. Before serving Stella Artois, place in your refrigerator or on ice for at least a couple of hours until the bottle is 36-38 F
2. Hold the Stella Artois chalice glass straight (not tilted) by the stem where you can feel the Holiday Star. Pour the beer into the middle of the glass without touching the rim with the bottle.
3. Once carbonation has been released, tilt the chalice to a 45 degree angle and pour the beer onto the side of the glass.
4. Gradually straighten the chalice and fill it to the top, ensuring you have about 2 fingers of foam.
5. Drinking Stella Artois is very pleasing to all your senses. Hold up your chalice all you’ll seethe great blond color and clarity. Next, have a quick sniff of your Stella Artois—the aroma and bouquet of the beer are an integral part of the experience. Place your hand on top of the chalice, then bring it to your nose. Remove your hand and notice the floral hop and sweet malt aroma. Taste some of the foam and notice the bitter dryness of the hops and discover the refreshing carbonation—and the balanced fruity, malty sweetness followed by a crisp taste. It’s truly a unique flavor experience.
MARC STROOBANDT is a Belgian Master Beer Sommelier and a leading authority in the art, science and service of beer and food pairing. He was honored with an Honorary Knighthood in the Order of the Brewer’s Mashing Staff. He travels the world inspiring and educating people as a presenter, entertainer and educator at food and drink events.
We need to check your ID
You must be of legal drinking age to enter this site