THE FOLLOWING CONTEST IS INTENDED FOR VIEWING IN THE UNITED STATES ONLY AND SHALL ONLY BE CONSTRUED ACCORDING TO UNITED STATES LAW.
STELLA ARTOIS “BON VOYAGE TO SUMMER” CONTEST - OFFICIAL RULES
1. NO PURCHASE NECESSARY.
2. ELIGIBILITY: The “Stella Artois ‘Bon Voyage to Summer’ Contest” (“Contest”) is open to residents of the United States who are 21 years of age or older. Employees and the immediate families of employees of Anheuser-Busch, LLC (“Sponsor”), its affiliates and subsidiaries, employees and the immediate families of their wholesale distributors, advertising and promotion agencies and retail licensees, are ineligible. By participating in this Contest, entrants agree to be bound by the Official Rules (“Official Rules”) at http://www.stellaartois.com/en_us/BonVoyagetoSummerContest.html. Void where prohibited.
3. CONTEST PERIOD: Contest begins at 12:00:00 a.m. Eastern Time (“ET”) on September 4, 2015 and ends at 11:59:59 p.m. ET on September 12, 2015 (“Contest Period”). The Contest Period is divided into two (2) entry periods (each an “Entry Period”) as defined in the chart below. Sponsor’s designated official judging organization’s computer is the official time keeping device for this Contest.
09/04/15; 12:00:00 a.m. ET
09/07/15; 11:59:59 p.m. ET
09/08/15; 12:00:00 a.m. ET
09/12/15; 11:59:59 p.m. ET
4. TWO (2) WAYS TO ENTER: (a) Facebook: Post a photo showing an image of how you “Host Beautifully” and describe your hosting tips(s) and how you “Host Beautifully” and use the hashtags #HowIHost and #Contest (an “Entry”). You must be a registered user of Facebook and follow Stella Artois on Facebook in order to enter the Contest via Facebook. Facebook registration is free and can be obtained by logging on to www.facebook.com and following the online instructions to open an account. (b) Twitter: To enter, post a photo showing an image of how you “Host Beautifully” and describe your hosting tips(s) and how you “Host Beautifully” and use the hashtags #HowIHost and #Contest (also an “Entry”). You must be a registered user of Twitter and follow @stellaartois on Twitter at https://twitter.com/stellaartois in order to enter via Twitter. Twitter registration is free and can be obtained by logging on to www.twitter.com and following the online instructions to open an account.
Entries must be in English and are limited to one-hundred forty (140) characters in length.
If an Entry contains additional people other than only the entrant, please note that the one (1) person submitting the Entry under their Facebook or Twitter account will be considered the entrant and only the entrant is eligible to win a prize. No other person in the Entry is eligible to receive a prize. Neither Sponsor nor its representatives are liable for any disputes arising from or related to the Promotion in this regard.
Limit one (1) Entry per person per day. A “day” is defined as a twenty-four (24) hour time period beginning at 12:00:00 a.m. ET and ending the same day at 11:59:59 ET.
Each Entry must be substantially different from previous Entries. If Sponsor determines, in its sole discretion, that an entrant has submitted two (2) or more Entries that are not substantially different from each other, or, if the entrant submits more than one (1) Entry per day, the entry posted first in time will be deemed the Entry and any subsequent Entries will be disqualified.
All Entries must be received and recorded during the Contest Period. No other forms of entry are valid. Message and data rates may apply. Check with your wireless service provider for details on these and any other applicable charges. Participants are solely responsible for any such wireless charges.
Entries will be judged. See Rule #6 for Judging Criteria. Entries must comply with these Official Rules. See Rule #5 for additional Entry Guidelines. Sponsor reserves the right, but not the obligation, to review any Entry for violation of these Official Rules and may, at its sole discretion, reject, delete, or otherwise exclude an Entry for any reason, including without limitation, if the Entry contains any Prohibited Content (as defined in Rule #5) or any other commentary or material which Sponsor, in its sole discretion deems inappropriate.
5. ENTRY GUIDELINES & PROHIBITED CONTENT: Entries must meet the following requirements:
- Entry cannot defame, misrepresent or contain disparaging remarks about Sponsor or its products, or other people, products or companies or communicate messages or images inconsistent with the positive images and/or goodwill to which Sponsor wishes to associate.
- Sponsor shall have full right and power to copy, publish, broadcast, display, distribute, use, edit, translate, alter, combine with other material, reuse and adapt any or all portions of the Entry in any way and for any purpose whatsoever, at any time, now or in the future, in any media now known or hereafter devised throughout the World in any manner whatsoever and for any purpose.
- Entry cannot (a) be sexually explicit or suggestive, violent or derogatory of any ethnic, racial, gender, religious, professional or age group, profane or pornographic, reference nudity or any materially dangerous activity; (b) promote the excessive or irresponsible consumption of alcohol, or promote illegal use of alcohol, drugs, tobacco, firearms/weapons (or the use of any of the foregoing), any activities that may appear unsafe or dangerous or any particular political agenda or message; (c) be obscene or offensive, endorse any form of hate or hate group; (d) contain an image of under 21 years of age; (e) otherwise fail to comply with the Beer Institute Advertising and Marketing Code as made publicly available at the following online location: http://www.beerinstitute.org/assets/uploads/BI-AdCode-5-2011.pdf; (f) contain trademarks, logos or trade dress owned by others, or advertise or promote any brand or product of any kind (other than Stella Artois), without permission, or contain any personal identification, such as license plate numbers, personal names, email addresses or street addresses; (g) contain copyrighted materials owned by others without permission; (h) contain materials embodying the names, likenesses, photographs, or other indicia identifying any person, living or dead, without permission; (i) refer to or depict any names, logos or readily recognizable features of a retailer of alcohol beverages (such as a grocery store, convenience store, restaurant, bar, or any other retail location that sells alcohol beverages);or (j) depict, and cannot itself be in, violation of any law.
- Each entrant warrants and represents that the Entry: (a) is his/her original work, (b) has not been previously published; (c) has not received previous awards; and (d) does not infringe upon the copyrights, trademarks, rights of privacy, publicity or other intellectual property or other rights of any person or entity.
- Any entrant whose Entry includes likenesses of third parties or contains elements not owned by the entrant (such as, but not limited to, depictions of persons, buildings, trademarks or logos) must be able to provide legal releases for such use including Sponsor’s use of such Entry, in a form satisfactory to Sponsor, upon request, prior to award of prize and/or naming of entrant as a winner.
- Any Entry that, in the sole opinion of Sponsor, is not in accordance with the guidelines as stated herein or on any of Sponsor’s social media assets or the Website, or is deemed to be inappropriate for publication is ineligible.
- Incomplete, illegible, deceptive or garbled Entries are not eligible.
- Any such entrant will indemnify and hold harmless, Sponsor from any claims to the contrary.
All Entries are subject to Sponsor’s Digital Millennium Copyright Act policy, as follows: Digital Millennium Copyright Act—Anheuser-Busch is committed to respecting and protecting the legal rights of copyright owners. As such, Anheuser-Busch adheres to the following notice and take down policy, in full compliance with Section 512(c)(3) of the DMCA (17 U.S.C. § 512 et seq.). If you believe any of the Entries infringes upon your intellectual property rights, please submit a notification alleging such infringement (hereafter a “DMCA Takedown Notice”). To be valid, a DMCA Takedown Notice must (i) be provided to the Anheuser-Busch designated agent (“Copyright Agent”), as set forth below, and (ii) include the following:
· A physical or electronic signature of a person authorized to act on behalf of the owner of an exclusive right that is allegedly infringed;
· Identification of the copyrighted work claimed to have been infringed, or, if multiple copyrighted works at a single online site are covered by a single notification, a representative list of such works;
· Identification of the material claimed to be infringing or to be the subject of infringing activity and that is to be removed or access disabled and information reasonably sufficient to permit the service provider to locate the material;
· Information reasonably sufficient to permit the service provider to contact you, such as an address, telephone number, and, if available, an electronic mail;
· A statement that you have a good faith belief that use of the material in the manner complained of is not authorized by the copyright owner, its agent, or the law; and
· A statement that, under penalty of perjury, the information in the notification is accurate and you are authorized to act on behalf of the owner of the exclusive right that is allegedly infringed.
Anheuser-Busch’s Copyright Agent to receive DMCA Takedown Notices is: email: firstname.lastname@example.org. For clarity, only DMCA Takedown Notices should go to the Copyright Agent; any other feedback, comments, online purchases or other communications should be directed to the applicable customer service links posted on the Website. You acknowledge that in order for Anheuser-Busch to be authorized to takedown any Content, your DMCA Takedown Notice must comply with all of the requirements of this Section.
By submitting an Entry, you agree that your Entry is gratuitous and made without restriction, that it will not place Sponsor under any obligation other than as stated in these Official Rules, that Sponsor is free to publish or otherwise disclose the ideas contained in the Entry on a non-confidential basis to anyone or otherwise use the ideas without any additional compensation to you. You acknowledge that, by acceptance of your Entry, Sponsor does not waive any rights to use similar or related ideas previously known to Sponsor or developed by its employees, or obtained from sources other than you.
6. CONTEST JUDGING: Entries will be judged based on the following judging criteria (“Judging Criteria”) by an independent panel of judges (“Panel”) selected by Sponsor. The Judging Criteria includes: (a) Photo depicts images of “Hosting Beautifully” and includes hosting tips(s) and how you “Host Beautifully” that best represent Stella Artois in a positive manner; (b) creativity; (c) originality; and, (d) humor. For each Entry Period, the one (1) Entry receiving the highest cumulative score awarded by the Panel will be deemed the Grand Prize Winner for the applicable Entry Period, for a total of two (2) Grand Prize Winners (each a “Grand Prize Winner”). Non-winning Entries will carry forward to subsequent Entry Periods. In the event of a tie, tied Entries will be re-judged by a new Panel based on the Judging Criteria stated above until the tie is broken. The decisions of the Panel are final in all aspects of the Contest. Limit one (1) prize per person. Winners will be determined on or about September 8, 2015 (Entry Period #1) and September 13, 2015 (Entry Period #2).
7. PRIZE DETAILS: Grand Prize (2; 1 per Entry Period; see Rule #3). Trip for winner and one (1) guest to the “Stella Artois ‘Bon Voyage to Summer’ Event” in New York City, New York. Travel Dates: September 20, 2015 – September 22, 2015. Trip consists of round-trip coach air transportation (from gateway city nearest winner’s home), double-occupancy hotel accommodations for two (2) consecutive nights, ground transfers to/from airport/hotel/event and one (1) $250.00 pre-loaded debit card. If winner resides within one-hundred fifty (150) miles of New York City, New York, Sponsor reserves the right to substitute ground transportation or a $150.00 pre-loaded debit card in lieu of air transportation. Winner and guest must travel on the same itinerary and on the dates specified by Sponsor or prize will be forfeited and awarded to an alternate winner (time permitting). Winner and guest must comply with all travel requirements, which may include, without limitation, presenting necessary identification (including a valid driver’s license) at the time of travel. Travel schedules are subject to change without notice. Winner may be required to provide a credit card at time of hotel check-in. Any costs incurred due to changes to the original itinerary are solely the winner’s responsibility. Travel, accommodations and event dates/locations are at the Sponsor’s discretion and subject to availability and change. Debit card is subject to the terms and conditions as stated on the debit card. Ground transportation (other than stated above), meals, gratuities and all other expenses not specified herein are solely winner’s responsibility. If winner cannot accept prize as specified, prize will be forfeited and awarded to an alternate winner (time permitting). Approximate Retail Value (“ARV”) is up to $3,450.00. Actual value depends on city/day/time of departure.
8. WINNER NOTIFICATION: Winners will be notified via direct message through their Facebook or Twitter account. Winners will be required to respond to the notification within twenty-four (24) hours indicating whether he/she can accept the prize. If no response is received within the time allotted, an alternate winner will be selected (time permitting). Any alternate winner selected will also be required to respond to the notification within twenty-four (24) hours. Winner will be required to complete, sign and return an affidavit of eligibility and liability and publicity release to Sponsor or Sponsor’s representatives via email or facsimile within twenty-four (24) hours of prize acceptance. Winner’s guest must be at least 21 years of age as of the end date of the applicable Entry Period and will also be required to complete, sign and return a liability and publicity release to Sponsor or Sponsor’s representatives via email or facsimile within twenty-four (24) hours of prize acceptance. In the event of noncompliance within any of these time periods, prize will be forfeited and an alternate winner selected (time permitting). Any alternate winner selected will also be required to adhere to the time periods described herein. Sponsor is not responsible for suspended or discontinued Internet or wireless phone service which may result in a potential winner not receiving initial prize notification. Any prize notification or prize returned to the Sponsor or its agencies as undeliverable will result in disqualification and the awarding of that prize to an alternate winner (time permitting). Winner may not substitute or transfer prize but Sponsor reserves the right to substitute prize with prizes of equal or greater value. This Contest is void where prohibited by law and is subject to federal, state and local regulations. Taxes on prize, if any, are solely the responsibility of the individual winner.
9. LIMITATIONS OF LIABILITY AND RELEASE: Anheuser-Busch, LLC (“Sponsor”), its affiliates, subsidiaries, and agencies are not responsible for lost, late, misdirected, unintelligible, returned or undelivered Entries, email, or for lost, interrupted or unavailable satellite, network, server, Internet Service Provider, Website or other connections availability, accessibility or traffic congestion, miscommunications, failed computer, network, telephone, satellite or cable hardware or software or lines, or technical failure, or jumbled, scrambled, delayed or misdirected transmissions, computer hardware or software malfunctions, failures or difficulties, or other errors of any kind whether human, mechanical, electronic or network. Persons who tamper with or abuse any aspect of this Contest or Website, or act in violation of the Official Rules, or act in any manner to threaten or abuse or harass any person, or violate the Website’s terms of service, as solely determined by the Sponsor, will be disqualified. Neither the Sponsor nor its agencies are responsible for any incorrect or inaccurate information whether caused by users, tampering, hacking, or by any of the programming or equipment associated with or used in this Contest, and assumes no responsibility for any errors, omission, deletion, interruption or delay in operation or transmission or communication line failure, theft or destruction or unauthorized Website access. Any use of robotic, macro, automatic, programmed or like entry methods will void all such Entries, and may subject that entrant to disqualification. Neither the Sponsor nor its agencies are responsible for injury or damage to entrants or any other person’s computer or property related to or resulting from participating in this Contest. Should any portion of Contest be, in the Sponsor’s sole opinion, compromised by virus, worms, bugs, unauthorized human intervention or other causes which, in the sole opinion of the Sponsor, corrupt or impair administration, security, fairness or proper play of this Contest, or submission of Entries, Sponsor reserves the right at its sole discretion to suspend, modify or terminate the Contest, and determine the winner from valid, non-suspect Entries received prior to action taken, or otherwise as may be deemed fair and equitable by the Sponsor. Entries will be deemed made by the authorized account holder of the Instagram or Twitter account from which the Entry is submitted at the time of entry. “Authorized account holder” is defined as the natural person whose name is affiliated with the Instagram or Twitter account at the time of entry. All materials submitted become the property of Anheuser-Busch, LLC and will not be returned.
10. Entrants agree (a) that Sponsor and its parent, subsidiary and affiliated companies, and advertising and promotion agencies, and their respective officers, directors, employees, wholesale distributors, representatives and agents, Instagram, and Twitter will have no liability whatsoever for, and are released and shall be held harmless by entrants against, any liability, for any injuries, losses or damages of any kind, to persons, including death, or property, or rights of publicity or privacy, defamation, copyright infringement or portrayal in a false light resulting in whole or in part, directly or indirectly, from acceptance, possession, misuse or use of the prize or participation in this Contest or in any Contest-related activity, and (b) winners, by acceptance of prize, except where legally prohibited, grant permission for Sponsor (and agree to confirm such agreement in writing) and those acting pursuant to its authority to use his/her name, biographical information, voice and/or likeness, and/or Entry (and assign the Entry, which may be altered, changed, modified, edited, used alone or with other works, as solely determined by Sponsor) for advertising, trade and promotional purposes without further compensation, at any times or time, in all media now known or hereafter discovered worldwide and on the Internet without notice or review or approval.
11. You grant to Sponsor an exclusive, worldwide, perpetual, irrevocable, unrestricted, royalty-free, sub-licensable right and license to exploit your Entry in any media now or hereafter known, without any payment or other consideration of any kind, or permission or notification, to you or any third party, for any purpose, including, without limitation, your Entry and any person’s property (physical, personal, and indicia) contained therein. The foregoing grant includes, without limitation, the right to reproduce, alter, amend, broadcast, edit, publish, use, merchandise, license, sublicense, and adapt the Entry in any and all media now or hereafter known, throughout the world, for any purpose, whether commercial in nature or otherwise, including in contexts and circumstances that result in your Entry being associated with a particular Sponsor or Sponsors. Accordingly, you hereby waive any objection to, such use, distribution, reproduction or display of your Entry, and any claim for compensation whatsoever in connection therewith. Such waiver shall include any claim for infringement of any so-called “Moral Right,” “Droit Moral” or similar right or interest.
12. WINNER’S LIST: For the names of the winners, hand print your name and complete address on a 3” x 5” card and mail to: Stella Artois “Bon Voyage to Summer” Contest Winner’s List Request, c/o Million Dollar Media, LLC, P.O. Box 278, Woodbridge, NJ 07095, for receipt by November 13, 2015.
© 2015 Anheuser-Busch InBev S.A., Stella Artois® Beer, Imported by Import Brands Alliance, St. Louis, MO